I never knew there were others.
I thought I was the only one.
I wanted to find like-minded former Christian Scientists.
I’ve been there. When I started this blog I felt I was the only one too. There were Ex-Christian Scientists who had found Jesus, but I was taking a more secular route. I started putting my story out there, and the response has been overwhelming.
Christian Science is an isolating religion where talking about failures is discouraged. Finding that you are not alone in this struggle is liberating. I regularly hear from people who thought they were alone in their questioning, who felt they were the only ones who had “failed” at demonstrating it properly, and who have been deeply harmed by the teachings of Mary Baker Eddy and the practices that have stemmed from them.
You are not alone in your questioning of Christian Science. You are not the only one that has “failed” to demonstrate things properly. You are not the only one who has left. You are not alone in this. Please do not be afraid to reach out for help and support.
“The time for thinkers has come.”
–Mary Baker Eddy
The following is a list of resources for those leaving Christian Science, as well as information about the religion and other information that may be of interest to those seeking a new path. For more resources & information, see the “Resources” drop down menu.
Former Christian Science Resources & Support
- The Ex-Christian Scientist https://exchristianscience.com – secular & non-denominational ex-CS support
- ExCS UK
- Ex Christian Scientist
- Christian Way – impressive resource list
- Ananias.org Pilgrims from the Cross of Christ from Christian Science
- “I am a recovering Christian Scientist” at Experience Project
- The Christian Science Site of the Aequus Institute
- Richard Dawkins Discussion Board
Social Media Support / Facebook
- The Ex-Christian Scientist (Facebook page for ExChristianScience.com)
- Ex-Christian Scientists (facebook/closed), largely secular Facebook group. Please email exChristianScientist@gmail.com for membership inquiries, subject line: “Facebook group membership request”
- Christian Science Exit: an open group consisting of people who have left Christian Science and are now mainstream Christians.
- Child-Friendly Faith Project: the Facebook page for the Child-Friendly Faith Project. They also have a Facebook group. This is not an organization by and for former Christian Scientists, but some former Christian Scientists are involved with it.
Blogs by former Christian Scientists
- Christian Science Inquiry
- Emerging Gently
- One-Leg Liz – This ex-Christian Scientist survived untreated osteomyelitis in childhood, trained horses, and became an above-knee amputee philosopher
- MT_Space (label: Christian Science), by Mario Tosto, a former CSP, Teacher and Lecturer
- The Broken Net
- Timothy J. Hammons – The things that MATTER to Timothy
- Understanding Mortal Mind by MKHuggins
- Everything’s New “See, I am making all things new.” (Rev. 21:5)
Testimonies of Former Christian Scientists
- Testimony of a Former Christian Scientist – via Skeptic Tank
Former Christian Scientists in Art & Music
Children & Fundamentalist Religions