The on-going “I went to the Doctor” project catalogs first hand experiences of Christian Scientists and former-Christian Scientists who sought medical care or treatment outside of Christian Science. We hope that by sharing our experiences using medical care that it will help break down the stigma and fear!
This series is NOT intended to bash CS so much as to show that going the doctor is a reasonable thing to do and that it is not uncommon for Christian Scientsts to do so. This may be a resource for on-the-fence CSers or those with deteriorating conditions to encourage them to do the right thing for themselves!
- the strange new world of “materia medica” – E.G.’s story
- I’m so grateful to know that I can turn to evidence based medicine for healing – E.G.
- my mother’s turn to medical hospice – B.C.D.’s story
- 48-hour stomach bug – Kat’s story
- there is hope to get through the red tape – M.
- I finally had kicked the cs habit – Dan
- Discovering Urgent Care thanks to Laryngitis – Rogue Sheep
If you would like to contribute your story, please contact me at firstname.lastname@example.org, or use the contact form below: